Why weren’t the 2020 Boys and Girls Junior PGA Championships postponed like the PGA Championship and KPMG Women's PGA Championship?
- With the ongoing uncertainty of health and safety, along with the current and proposed federal, state and local guidelines regarding gatherings, the PGA of America has decided that it is in everyone’s best interest to cancel the National Boys and Girls Junior PGA Championships.
- The PGA of America is focused on giving the 41 PGA Sections an opportunity to conduct their own Section Boys and Girls Junior PGA Championships on a timeline that is safe to play—and without concern of being tied to a qualification deadline.
- We are currently re-evaluating the Junior Ryder Cup Qualifying Process and are unable to provide any further details at this time.
- 2021 Junior PGA Championship invitation criteria will be released in the coming months.
- No, any exemption earned for the 2020 Championship will not be valid for the 2021 Championship. Invitation criteria for 2021 is currently under review and will be available in the coming months.
No, you must remain 18 years and younger through the final round of your respective Championship.
If I play in a Section Championship in 2020 and win, do I earn an exemption for the 2021 Junior PGA Championships?
- No. Invitation criteria for the 2021 Junior PGA Championships will be available in the coming months.
- No decision has been made at this time. Invitation criteria for the 2021 Junior PGA Championships will be available in the coming months.